Setting up your team
Implementing a conversational AI project is a team effort. The roles and responsibilities of team members will vary depending on the project, but a few key roles will always be necessary.
- Conversational AI Developer: This role is responsible for developing the code that makes the conversational AI system work. They will need to be familiar with both natural language processing and programming languages. With Activechat, requirements for this role are substantially lower in terms of the technical background or development experience, since our platform follows the "no-code"/"low-code" model and makes even the most advanced conversational AI tech accessible to non-technical teams.
- Data Analyst: This role is responsible for gathering and cleaning data, as well as performing data analysis. Again, Activechat makes this task substantially easier by utilizing the BYOD ("bring your own data") model and simplifying the process of applying data analysis to virtual assistant development and improvement.
- Business Analyst: This role is responsible for understanding the business needs of the project and translating them into requirements for the conversational AI system.
Live chat automation and customer service automation are tasks that require some teamwork. Most probably there will be multiple people on your conversational AI or digitalization team, working to improve your customer care experience:
- Live chat agents
- Live chat supervisors
- Project managers
To help you make their work more efficient, Activechat has a permission-based access system where you can invite new users to your project and assign them roles based on permission sets.
Go to the "Team" menu on the left and click the "Invite new team member" button.
Inviting a new team member to your customer service automation project
Type in the recipient's email address and choose a set of permissions to assign. These permissions can be:
- Analytics - for analytics dashboard access
- Billing - for adding and editing billing information
- Live chat admin - this person can watch and reassign all live chat sessions
- Live chat agent - this person has access only to chats assigned to him/her
With Activechat, you can assign each conversation to the most appropriate human agent. This is done by a smart message routing mechanism that is based on tags. We'll dive deeper into this topic in the "Managing conversations" section. For now, just assign some meaningful tags to each of your newly added users who have the "Live chat agent" or "Live chat admin" permission.
Go to the "Team - Agents" in the menu on the left, click on the gear icon next to the agent's name and list group tags in the "Settings" window. Don't forget to click "Save" when you're done.
Setting up agent group tags for smart live chat routing